- Wesley Joe Pickens
- Marvin Joe Pickens
Son of Billy Pickens and Ethel Blackburn.
Marvin m. Regenia Kay Hess [Group Sheet]
- Regenia Kay Hess
- 1. Wesley Joe Pickens
- Nathan Lee Pickens
- Bryce Alfred Pickens
- Delmer Freeman Hess, Jr b. 10 Apr 1935, Parkersburg, Wood County, West Virginia, USA; d. 18 Sep 1998, USA.
United Postal Service after selling grocery business information sent to me show that David Franklin , William Robert, and Francis Elizabeth were adopted by Delmar Freeman Hess .
father Archibald Chaffom.
Ohio Death Certificate
Delmer m. Barbara Grace Casto 08 Aug 1953, Wood County, West Virginia, United States. Barbara (daughter of Arliage D. Casto and Nellie Francis Barr) b. 10 May 1935, Coolville, Ohio, USA; d. Yes, date unknown. [Group Sheet]
- Barbara Grace Casto b. 10 May 1935, Coolville, Ohio, USA; d. Yes, date unknown.
(Medical):Heart disease, Stroke
This information was given by her mother. Barbara is a housewife and seamstress. Delmer worked for United Parcel after selling a grocery business .
Worked at Fostoria Screw Co. In Fostoria Ohio. the plant closed in 1937 came back to West Virginia and farmed for many years then in 1953 went to work for Foote Mineral (a steel mill) at New Haven till retirement.
- 3. Regenia Kay Hess
- David Franklin Hess
- Rebecca Sue Hess
- Delmar Freeman III Hess
- David Carl Hess
- William Robert Hess
- Frances Elizabeth Hess
- Delmar Freeman Hess, Sr b. 1916.
Delmar m. Florence Roby [Group Sheet]
- Florence Roby
- 6. Delmer Freeman Hess, Jr b. 10 Apr 1935, Parkersburg, Wood County, West Virginia, USA; d. 18 Sep 1998, USA.
- Arliage D. Casto b. 25 Dec 1907, Jackson County, West Virginia, USA; d. 8 Jan 1977, Mineral Wells, Wood, West Virginia, USA; bur. Fairplain Cemetery, Fairplain, Jackson Co, WV, USA.
In January 10 1977 Paper published on a Wednesday.
Arliage D. Casto, 69, of Rt. 1 Mineral Wells, died at his residence Monday afternoon.
He was born in Jackson Co., son of the late Samuel Oscar and Hattie Baker Casto. He was a World War II veteran, attended the Pettyville U.M. Church, was retired from Union Carbide after 12 years and was previously employed at the former American Viscose for a number of years.
He is survived by his widow, Nellie Barr Casto; two sons, Morley Gene, of Port Hueneme, Calif., and Delbert D., of Belpre; a daughter, Mrs. Jack L. (Betty)Blair, of Rt. 1, Mineral Wells; two sisters, Mrs. Gladys Barr, of Parkersburg, and Mrs. Evalee Carmichael, of Ashland, OH.; 14 grandchildren and a great-grand-daughter.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, Lois Marie; a brother and a sister.
Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Leavitt Funeral Home, with Rev Paul Morrison officiating. Burial will be in The Fairplain Cemetery, Jackson Co. WV
Friends may call at the funeral home after 7 P.M. today.
Arliage m. Nellie Francis Barr 23 Jun 1929, Jackson County, West Virginia, USA. Nellie (daughter of William Robert Barr and Flora Ann Hoschar) b. 22 Sep 1912, Jackson County, West Virginia, USA; d. 4 Jul 2005, The Willows, Nursing Care Center, Parkersburg, Wood Co., WV; bur. 6 Jul 2005, Fairplain, Jackson County, West Virginia, USA. [Group Sheet]
- Nellie Francis Barr b. 22 Sep 1912, Jackson County, West Virginia, USA; d. 4 Jul 2005, The Willows, Nursing Care Center, Parkersburg, Wood Co., WV; bur. 6 Jul 2005, Fairplain, Jackson County, West Virginia, USA.
Died at Willows Nursing Home, Parkersburg, WV
In Parkersburg paper.
Casto Celebrates her 80th Birthday
Nellie F. Casto celebrated her 80th birthday Sunday at Pinewood Village, Parkersburg.
The birthday celebration was hosted by her children and grand-children.
Casto was born in Jackson County Sept, 22, 1912, and she is the daughter of the late Flora and Robert Barr. She is the widow of Arliage D.Casto who passed away in 1977. She resides at Putnam Howe Village, 711 Belrock Ave., Apt, 203, Belpre, Ohio.
She is the mother of five children; Gene Casto of Deltona, Fla., Delbert Casto of Parkersburg, Barbara Hess of Belpre, Betty Blair of Mineral Wells and Lois Marie, who is deceased.
She has 14 grandchildren and 18 great-grandchildren.
(I have a picture from the paper)
Inez Brotherton of Given, W.Va., and Deloris Casto of Leo n; 14 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Arliage D. Casto; one son, Delbert D. Casto; one daughter, Lois Marie Casto; four brothers, William R. Barr, Jr., Hoyt Barr, Arthur Barr and Ray Barr; and two sisters, Edith Boone and Iva Pearl Barr.
Services will be 1 p.m. Thursday at Leavitt Funeral Home, Parkersburg, with the Rev. Charles Basil Barr and Pastor Brian Harrell officiating. Burial will follow in Fairplains Cemetery, Jackson County, W.Va. Visitation is from 2-8 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Morley Gene Casto b. 25 Apr 1930.
- Lois Marie Casto b. 6 Mar 1932, Ohio, USA; d. 2 Jan 1938, Belpre, Washington County, Ohio,; bur. Fairplain, Jackson County, West Virginia, USA.
- Delbert Dayton Casto b. 17 Nov 1933.
- 7. Barbara Grace Casto b. 10 May 1935, Coolville, Ohio, USA; d. Yes, date unknown.
- Betty Lou Casto b. 26 Aug 1936, USA.